Dawn of the Duskwalkers II: The Fire Within
Council of Moriaris
The Council of Moriaris is the body which advises the leader of the Monastery in his or her duties as its head. Formerly the Council has been more of a ceremonial body which simply followed the whims of the leader, though not always willingly. This was seen especially in the rule of the Master, when the Council was headed by his second-in-command, Nemus who silenced any who dared to speak out against the direction of the Monastery, though some continued to harbor internal disagreement. Upon the beginning of the rule of Waleak the Council was revamped to be a more important and worthwhile body, one which now truly advises the leader in many matters. The Council is made up of seven members, not including The Eclipse, and is called into session at the request of the leader or of a quorum of its members. It was mostly purged after the Battle of the Dragons, though 2 members remain. Its members are:
1. Orilmeck- A male dwarf from Kwothold who is a recognized leader at the Monastery and a teacher in combat techniqbq). ues. He was elevated to the Council by The Eclipse as he was known to be secretly opposed to both Nemus and the Master.
2. Nasir- A male wood elf who is the archery instructor at the Monastery. He was elevated also following the Battle of the Dragons as he was a mentor of The Eclipse.
3 . Keya- A female elf who served on the Council prior to the Battle of the Dragons. She was instrumental in ensuring a smooth transition as she was the only Council member who was outspoken in her disagreement with Nemus. She was imprisoned and sentenced to be executed once Duskalon had been conquered. The oldest member of the Council.
4. Jago- A male halfling who was a member of the Council under the Master. His loyalties are murky at best but he remains on the Council so that Waleak can keep an eye on him.
5. Ismad- A human male who is known as one of the librarians of the order, he is in charge of instructing the new recruits in hte history and lore of Moriaris. Elevated after the Battle of the Dragons.
6. Fikra- A human female who is well respected by the local populace as she began her day in the Monastery as a protector of the poor and weak against the abuses of the rich and powerful. She is Waleak’s friend as they grew up training together, an he relies on her as he attempts to regain the trust of the people.
7. Galmanas- A male half-elf who is one of the instructors in the art of disguise. Elevated by Waleak.